It’s been a while since I posted anything substantial, so I’m glad to finally be able to announce an update on The Lightbulb Audit.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, The Lightbulb Audit is an app designed to help you take stock of not only the types of light fittings in your house, but also what type of bulbs you have installed. This will hopefully assist you in reducing your electricity consumption (through being able to audit your usage and demonstrating potential energy savings). It will also hopefully ensure that you know what type of bulb you actually need, the next time you’re trying to replace that blown light that you have been putting off because you can never remember whether it’s a screw or bayonette type, and how bright does it need to be, besides, going to the toilet in the dark isn’t THAT bad, right?
Refer to my original post if you want a more
rambling details: The Lightbulb Audit – original post
To get the App (android only, and I’m not going to apologise for that): The Lightbulb Audit – via Google Play Store
Updates in this post include:
- Finally implimented a Sort function (sort by room, type, power, or order added to list)
- Import function (import from .csv in the same format as the export .csv, including header row. this is for importing from the excel version of the-lightbulb-audit)
- Minor formatting and usability update
- (Minor bug fix from versions 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 which I released in rapid succession last night… oops!)
As I’ve said before, two very important points:
- I’m not a professional developer, so if you have any negative feedback, comments or questions, please leave them as comments HERE, rather than trashing the App’s review score
- I’ve posted the App for free, but there is a small ad banner in the app. The only way I’ll ever make any money off this app is if you CLICK ON THE BANNER when you see an ad for something that might interest you. I’d never encourage you to click on ads just to get me a few cents, but if you’re in the app, and you see an ad for something that tweaks your interest, check it out!
Thanks for your time, I hope you find my app useful!